Tuesday, March 29, 2011

welcome!

hi!

My name is Sarah Cunningham and I'm a 22 year old senior studying Fashion Marketing & Management student at the Savannah College of Art & Design.

Spring quarter is finally here and for my Contemporary Issues in Merchandising class, I have created a blog that will act as a quarter long project. The topic of this blog is to explore the idea of gathering fashion inspiration from sources other than simply fashion magazines and fashion blogs. Inspiration can be taken from anywhere you set your sights on. Design and creativity is porous and can take you from one realm to the next. With that said, the focus of Cinematic Fashion is to combine the act of watching a film with fashion. I want to explore the styles and overall feel of a particular movie and composite a fashion look using Polyvore that goes with along with what i'm viewing.

By creating a cohesively styled look that accompanies the film, I will be able to explore the distinct ways of getting a message/story across using fashion and how that affects the industry/trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment